I'm now blogging here: yelenabosovik.wordpress.com - new and improved! :)
Come and say hello! :)
Friday, June 3, 2011
[photos we weheartit.com]
I leave this Sunday to London for a month! I'll be spending weekends in Denmark and Paris, so make sure to follow along as I post tons of photos from all of my adventures! And I do mean photo overload! :)
I'll be posting on my new blog here: http://yelenapetrovna.blogspot.com/
Sunday, May 22, 2011
|Dress: Vintage, Shoes: Baker's|
As I start a new chapter of my life, I feel like I have outgrown Style My Happiness. Going into the blogging world, I didn't have a purpose, I kind of went where it took me and in the end Style My Happiness became more of a personal style blog. Through it, I have learned a lot, made some amazing friends and discovered some very talented bloggers. But now, it's time to move a little deeper.
I've just started a new blog: Yelena Petrovna, and that's where I will be blogging from here on. Although the new blog will have some similarities to Style My Happiness, it will also be quite different. Here are a few highlights and goals:
- Do you remember this post? Take a minute to read it. The new blog will reflect those ideas.
- I'm in the process of establishing a new feature for the blog featuring some of the successful women among us - business owners, survivors, creative geniuses, fellow bloggers, etc. Women who inspire me and I hope will in turn inspire you as well. At this point it looks like it will be short profile style with a q&a.
- I'll be documenting my European travels/study abroad trip this June on my new blog - lots of photos with that so I hope you tune in!
- I will also be documenting some of my trials and successes of my year as editor in chief of a college newspaper come fall - so if you're at all into journalism or publishing (helpful blogging tips included), I hope to have a feature dedicated to all things journalism.
- Although I will do some occasional outfit posts, it won't be the focus of the blog anymore.
- The goal of the new blog is to serve as a positive place where women can come and get inspired, whether it's by hearing an inspiring testimony or reading a good quote.
- I'm also hoping to add a Dear Abby style feature where readers can send in personal questions on any subject and get an answer back. Each question will be supported, if applicable, by a Bible verse and of course, a prayer, so ideally the words won't be coming from, but from God working through me.
- Lots of other content on fashion, life, confidence, happiness and all things beautiful and inspiring.
I hope you will continue along with me on this journey! Take a minute to follow the new blog and the new twitter profile (which features daily inspirational pick me up quotes, pep talks, personal tweets and links to helpful stories and inspiring blogs).
It's been such a great journey so far. Every one of your comments has been read and appreciated and made me smile. Thank you for everything and I hope we stay in touch!
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Jacket: Ralph Lauren Thrifted; Dress: Forever 21, Leggings: TjMaxx, Shoes: Jessica Simpson via Dillards
On my lunch break today, I stopped in for a few minutes at one of my favorite thrift stores and came out with a few great finds. (Is that weird that I have favorite thrift stores??). I found this great jacket for $5, it's Ralph Lauren and in great condition. Plus, this color is all sorts of popular right now, so I'm quite excited about the purchase. Plus I found three skirts for $5 a piece- a red, orange and the prettiest blue pencil skirt! So excited to style them! :)
And I realize that the leggings are a bit off in the outfit, but I always try to dress modestly so I needed the leggings to balance out the short dress. Plus, it was quite windy and cold today!:)
In other news - I got the internship I interviewed for last week! I start May 16th! It's such a great opportunity and I'm very excited about it! :)